Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wladimir Klitschko Says He'd Fight David Haye

Listen To His Interview Here

In a recent interview Wladimir stated that he's heard about David Haye's recent comments and welcomes the possiblity of fighting Haye in the future if he shows promise in the heavyweight division.

Wladimir Klitschko Quotes About David Haye


Asked whether he would fight Haye, Klitschko told BBC Radio 5 Live: "He's an exciting fighter so why not?"

"I hadn't heard about David Haye at all until last month," said Klitschko. "But I've checked his record and he is a good fighter with a good record.

"If he wants to bring excitement then I wish him best of luck. He better get himself in the gym and get ready to fight.

"He is young and is trying to put attention on himself and that may work for him because he has to be very loud, but not only with his words but with his actions. I wish him the best of luck with that."

This next part sounds as though Wladimir might have been a little sarcastic....

"Until the fight with David Haye I have to stay active as I am nervous and I have to get myself in shape," he said.

He also confirmed again his fight with Tony Thompson this summer...

"So I am going to fight in July against Thompson - he is the WBO's number one mandatory contender so I have chosen him."

Recent David Haye comments about Wladimir include:


"I'm 100% certain that I'll achieve more things at heavyweight than I have done at cruiserweight," Haye said earlier this month.

"I'm not looking at boxing into my 31st year, so I've got two and a half years to get the job done. If the titles get unified, hopefully I'll just have to fight one guy."
"I'd fight [IBF and WBO heavyweight champion] Wladimir Klitschko in my next fight if I could after his pitiful fight against Sultan Ibragimov.

"That was embarrassing and he wouldn't look forward to fighting someone with my kind of style - powerful, explosive and able to take him out with any shot."

What Do I Think


I'd like to see David Haye get by a bigger "journeyman" heavyweight 1st before he even considers the likes of Wladimir Klitschko. I think its just a publicity stunt in hopes that IF he does win a couple heavyweight bouts it might set up a big payday for him with Wladimir. But, thats a IF.

Article Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts