Tuesday, June 3, 2008

John Ruiz Fights Drugs

Former WBA champion John "The Quietman" Ruiz is taking part in a annual WBA KO to Drugs Festival. The international festival will take place at the Olympic Center in San Juan de los Morros, Venezuela. There will also be fights later on with a three two minute round exhibition match between John Ruiz himself and WBA vice-president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza.

Ruiz Comments


“I’m excited about returning to Venezuela, especially for such a great cause and one I’ve always supported. The last time I was there it was for an awards ceremony. Venezuela is a beautiful country and the people there are very friendly. I’m honored to be invited and I’d like to thank the WBA and the Mendoza family for selecting me to help promote its anti-drug program. I have spoken to kids for years about the perils of drugs, encouraging them to stay away from all illegal drugs, and to follow their dreams. It’s about surrounding yourself with good people and making wise decisions in life.”

Mendoza Comments


“It will be a pleasure to box with no less the first Latin American heavyweight champion. John represents the spirit of our festival because as a Latin American, he achieved what seemed to only be reserved for Americans or Europeans.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts