Friday, July 25, 2008

Toney Wants Haye Fight

James "Lights Out" Toney recently talked about his desire to fight former cruiserweight champion David "Hayemaker" Haye, and was furious about Haye's consideration to still fight Hasim Rahman if the ruling from the Rahman-Toney is overturned. As it stands now Toney won by 3rd round TKO. As a reminder, this is what Haye had to say:

"The heavyweight situation is very fragile. There was talk of Hasim Rahman, but he got beat by James Toney. Is that fight going to get changed to a no decision? If it does, that leaves him back in the mix."

James Toney's Response


“David Haye is a comedian. Is he scared of an old, fat, short guy? He’s done nothing to even deserve a fight with [Wladimir] Klitschko. He won the cruiserweight titles from two bums, one old guy and one guy who can’t even fight in [Enzo] Maccarrinelli. And he thinks now he should get Klitschko? It’s ludicrous."

“Rahman is a joke. I beat him and I wasn’t even 100% yet. When I say I wasn’t 100%, my weight wasn’t back to where it was when I fought [Evander] Holyfield. If he got the balls, let’s sign the contract and do this. My record is proven. Come and try to beat me. All Golden Boy has to do is call Dan.”

“As terrible as Klitschko is, he will beat Haye. Haye has no chin and no heart, he proved that against Carl Thompson years ago. Things don’t change. He’s a typical Euro and British fighter. They get fed a bunch of bums and come over here and don’t want to fight a good fighter. I will destroy David Haye. He will never fight again. Everyone I fight, I ruin them. They are never the same again."

“Even Monte Barrett will knock him out. He’s afraid of me. I’m the realest fighter in the game. I’m the only old school fighter left in the game, not Bernard Hopkins. Haye wants the easy road. After I beat Rahman, I knew they would still go after him because he’s fragile. I took his spine and his heart in that fight.”

“I told Dan that I want to fight again by August or early September. I’ll fight anybody. I don’t care who it is. I started at 157 and now I’m fighting heavyweights and beating the brakes off of them. Some of the writers and sports announcers don’t want to give me my props. I’ve been in this game for 20 years and I’m still going to be here. When I’m right, nobody can see me."

“Third time around Sam Peter is going to sleep. I’ll get that dashiki motherf**ker. I don’t care if I fight Klitschko or Sam Peter. Whoever signs the contract first will get whooped. I will be heavyweight champion of the world again.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts