Friday, December 19, 2008

Foreman Comments On Holyfield Fighting Valuev

The former oldest heavyweight champion(at 45) George Foreman(now 59) recently had a few words about Evander Holyfield's fight this Saturday, Decemeber 20th against current WBA heavyweight champion Nicolai Valuev, and about how he feels, as many do, that it's time for Evander to leave the sport of boxing.

"I hope he'll achieve it (getting the WBA belt) and leave boxing alone. He's been a terrible reflection on the heavyweight division. Win, lose, or draw, he should move away from boxing for the sake of leaving a good name for the sport."

"His head is starting to attract punches. I don't like it, I really don't like it. He was never a big, strong man. He's a frail guy and he's getting the worst of it every time he boxes."

"We just don't know how to move on. All of us. I stayed in too long myself. You fall in love with something you ought not to fall in love with. It's like falling in love with a bad girl who does not love you, who's done with you yet you keep hanging on."

"I hope he becomes heavyweight champion of the world again so he can walk away."


Good luck to Evander tomorrow night, and whether win, lose, or draw, I agree with George in hopes he makes his decision to step down from boxing after this fight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts