Monday, December 8, 2008

Oquendo To Replace Thompson For Toney Fight

Due to a bad case of Bronchitis, Tony "The Tiger" Thompson, who was scheduled to face James "Lights Out" Toney (70-6-3, 43 KOs) this Saturday the 13th, is out of the his scheduled fight. As a replacement heavyweight contender Fres “The Big O” Oquendo (29-4, 18 KOs) will face Toney instead.

Oquendo has been in the mix with big name fighters such as Chris Byrd, David Tua, and John Ruiz. He was extremely competitive in all these matches and has won his last 3 bouts.

Oquendo Quotes


"I was training for a fight that was recently cancelled, and when I was informed that I had the chance to fight Toney, there was zero hesitation. This was the opportunity I was looking for. It gets me right back into a position to challenge for a World Title.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts