Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chagaev Talks About Future

WBA “Champion in Recess" Ruslan Chagaev (24-0-1, 17 KOs) had a few words about his future in the heavyweight division ahead of his Febrary 7th bout against Carl Davis Drummond(26-0, 20 KOs).

“[After defeating Drumond], I will show who the real champ is by beating Valuev for the second time. Then I want to unify all of the belts. I want to fight the Klitschkos. I respect them for what they’ve reached in the heavyweight division, but I know them very well and I can beat them. 2009 will be my year.”

"It’s been one year since my last fight (win by 12-round decision against 21-1 Matt Skelton), so I am very motivated for this fight. From now on I want to have fight after fight; I can’t wait for the next tasks. First, I will beat Drumond. He is a strong man and I must be careful. But he wants to knock me out? That’s a joke, isn’t it? Nobody can knock me out. Sorry, Carl. This fight will be a big surprise for you.”



Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts