Thursday, February 5, 2009

Minto Wants Arreola To Prove Himself

#10 WB0 ranked Brian "The Beast" Minto(32-2, 21 KOs) wants # 3 WBO ranked Chris "The Nightmare" Arreola(26-0, 23 KOs) to face him April the 11th, 2009 and HBO televised. He thinks he is a better candidate than Arreola to face current WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir "Steelhammer" Klitschko, and goes on to say if he and Arreola do fight he would expect a match between the winner and current #1 WBO ranked Alexander Dimitrenko (29-0).

Minto Quotes


“In my opinion, Arreola has not earned a title shot. He has neither fought a former champion nor even a title challenger. I have fought several. Chris has won on HBO, but I have won on HBO PPV. A fight between two top ten heavies would help clarify the status of the heavyweight division. In addition, I believe that the winner of a fight between Arreola and myself should fight WBO #1 challenger Alexander Dimitrenko (29-0) in a final WBO heavyweight eliminator to determine who gets a shot at Wlad. I’m willing to earn my shot. Is Arreola willing to earn his?”


I believe this would make a great matchup, but realistically if Arreola has a sure shot at the title with big money involved there would be no reason for him to take a step back and face a lower ranked opponent. But, if Arreola does not get a shot with Wladimir, this would be a great opportunity for both of them I believe. I also think they should stick with the plan for the winner to face Dimitrenko,


1 comment:

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts