Thursday, February 19, 2009

Povetkin To Face Estrada

It's been reported officially that the 29 year old Alexander "The White Lion" Povetkin (16-0, 12 KOs) will face Jason "Big Six" Estrada (15-1, 3 KOs) on April 4th of this year in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.

This is going to be another stay busy fight for the #1 IBF mandatory challenger as he prepares to face Wladimir "Steelhamer" Klitschko later this year. Klitschko has before September 16th, as stated by the IBF, to face Povetkin.

Alex was supposed to face Wladimir this past December, after winning a 4 person IBF elimination tournament by beating Chris Byrd and Eddie Chambers, but an ankle injury during training caused Povetkin to postpone that fight. Wladimir instead faced former 2 time heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman in a bout with he won by 7th round TKO.

Chris Meyer Quotes


Chris Meyer is the general manager of Sauerland Event

“This time frame allows us to give Alexander a tough fight so that he can keep his rhythm. By picking Jason Estrada we have chosen a strong opponent. But that is exactly what Alexander had asked us to do because easy fights do not help him at all.”

Povetkin Quotes


“I am very happy that I have recovered from my injury. I look forward to returning to the ring in April. I take the fight against Jason Estrada very seriously because there is a lot at stake. But I will win this fight and I will show that I am ready for Klitschko. I will be in top shape on April 4."



Source


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts