Monday, March 16, 2009

Klitschko Gomez Final Presser

Today in Stuttgart, Germany was the final press conference for the upcoming WBC heavyweight championship on Saturday, March 21st between current WBC champion "Dr. Ironfist" Vitali Klitschko and WBC #1 mandatory challenger Juan Carlos Gomez.

Both fighters promised to be victorious with Gomez stating he had the hardest/best training camp of his career and doesn't care if Vitali had a good camp or not that he was going to win. Vitali promised the hardest fight for Gomez of his career and also promises to win. Here are some quotes..

Gomez Quotes


“Vitali claims everywhere that he will knock me out, so why does he even care about the judges? To me, it completely makes no difference who is in the ring. I invite ‘Dr. Sissy’ to bring it, so I can outbox him and there will be no two opinions about the decision. On Saturday the ‘Black Panther’ will again be a world champion."

"I will beat his face in. I am the better boxer. I will beat him, that's it."

Klitschko Quotes


"I am ready. I am confident. I had no injuries in training camp, thank God, and I am 100 percent ready. I heard a lot of statement from Gomez's camp recently and all I can say is that they can dream on, they are all dreams."

"He says he has had the hardest training camp of his career and I can promise him the hardest fight of his life. I think he is a very good boxer, with technical skill, and he showed it all in the cruiserweight. But heavyweight is something else. I will show him. It will be a lesson, but it won't last long."

Source 1
Source 2

Here are some highlights of the press conference...

Klitschko Gomez Press Conference Video Clips







1 comment:

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts