Thursday, March 19, 2009

Klitschko Gomez Prediction

With the fight coming up shortly this Saturday, March 21st, I thought I'd share real quick my thoughts and predict how this fight will turn out.

I see Gomez coming in and sticking to a game plan where he constantly moves and picks his shots. I see Vitali starting off maybe a little more aggressive than normal, but find it a little hard to land and backing off a bit and sticking with his jab mainly for the 1st few rounds. I believe the energy of a high level professional championship fight, and an already taxing style Gomez is going to use to have a chance against Vitali will cause Gomez to start wearing down faster than his training would have made him believe. This will cause Vitali to start landing more and I expect the fight to go about 9 rounds before a TKO stoppage win for Vitali Klitschko. There is no way Gomez will hurt Vitali with his fists. There is no possibilty that Gomez will knockout Vitali or even cause a TKO stoppage.

The only way I see Gomez winning this fight is if Vitali somehow injures himself over extending his arm to try to hit Gomez. I think if Vitali takes time to warm up before coming out to the fight and feeling out Gomez for a couple rounds this won't happen. There's also a very small chance that Gomez could be in such tremendous shape he can run the whole fight and squeeze out a small decision victory, but the likelihood of that happening is far less in my opinion than Vitali winning on points(in other words even if Gomez comes in top shape and selects his shots and runs I think Vitali will still beat him on points), which I don't think will happen either.

Vitali by TKO stoppage 9th round is my prediction. What's yours?




2 comments:

  1. Vitali Klitschko will knock him out! Gomez wont know what hit him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill be suprised if gomez wins a round

    ReplyDelete

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts