Monday, March 9, 2009

Povetkin and Dimitrenko Could Fight

It's been recently reported that #1 IBF heavyweight challenger Alexander Povetkin (16-0, 12 KOs) and #1 WBO heavyweight challenger Alexander Dimitrenko (29-0, 19 KOs) could face each other to see who is the best challenger for the WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir "Steelhammer" Klitschko and for the vacant EBU heavyweight title.

Dimitrenko has given a response to fightnews.com in regards to this potential fight:

“I know Povetkin from when we were in amateur boxing. We often acted as sparring partners in the ring. For me it will be a very interesting and important fight because the winner will receive a fight against WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. For me, that is my number one goal. I am ready to fight with the best fighters and to win.”

Source





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts