Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sam Peter Apologizes About Klitschko Performance

Ahead of his fight on March 27th with top American prospect "Fast" Eddie Chambers, former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter had a few words to his fans and fellow Nigerians regarding his poor performance and his plans for the future. This is what he had to say:



“I still feel bad about my loss to Klitschko and I know how Nigerians feel. I apologise to all and want to say I am now on my way back. I also want to promise, other things being equal, and by the grace of God, to retrieve the title.

I have always believed that it is never the fall of a man that defines his greatness in life, but how many times he rises to trudge on and then conquer the adversaries that put him down in the first place.

In going for it afresh, I will need the moral backing of all my fellow countrymen. I want all Nigerians to forgive me and support me in my fresh new quest.

Fighting Chambers is a new opportunity to correct my mistakes. I will use the fight to climb back and I promise that I will not let it slip by. I beg Nigerians and indeed all Africans to forgive me and lend their support to me. In no time, I will rule the world again and return to being the fearful Samuel Peter that was feared and respected in the boxing world, so much he was nicknamed ‘The Nigerian Nightmare’.”

Chambers had a few words of his own before the upcoming match..

“This is the opportunity that I have been waiting. It is unfortunate that people do not reckon with me as a great fighter in this game. I don’t think I have been getting the respect that I deserve. But all that will change soon and it will after I have dealt with Peter.

I hate his ring name, ‘Nightmare’. Night-what? He is not anybody’s nightmare, definitely not my own. In fact, I’m set to become the nightmare of his career.”



Source





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts