Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dimitrenko Talks About Povetkin

Current WBO #1 mandatory Alexander Dimitrenko(29-0, 19 KOs) recently answered a few short questions about what he thought about the IBF's #1 mandatory Alexander Povetkin's (17-0, 12 KOs) last fight with Jason Estrada(15-2, 3 KOs) and a potential mantchup between him and Povetkin on April 21st for the vacant EBU title and double mandatory for the current WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko(52-3, 46 KOs).

What can you say about the performance of Povetkin?


“Povetkin didn’t impress me in that fight. He didn’t have a good fight. Many others see it the same way as I do.“

What wasn’t good about it?

“It wasn’t on a world class level. He still has to train much more if he wants to fight for the world title. He had problems from the very beginning although his opponent was a no-name fighter. When Estrada got tired by the end Povetkin still couldn’t knock him out. That has surprised me. His opponent was much smaller than him and I believe if he wants to fight against Wladimir Klitschko he should face taller fighters like me.“

The purse bid for the Euro title clash is on April 21?

“Yes, that’s correct. But I’m hoping that he won’t avoid me and fight other opponents in order to challenge Wladimir in a world title fight. The EBU has made this decision for the fight. Povetkin provoked Klitschko verbally but he has to prove his quality inside the ring. He has this chance when he fights me I’m ready. My trainer Fritz Sdunek and I have taken a close look into the fight.“

Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts