Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Klitschko Interview After London Press Conference

After the heated London press conference for the heavyweight championship fight between Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye, fightnews had a chance to interview the WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.


Hello Wladimir! After lots of offensive comments and a T-shirt with an image of him holding the severed heads of both Klitschko Brothers, what do you feel?

I am revolted! Believe me, he will answer to the Klitschko Family for everything. Both for the T-shirt and for his words. I don’t wish to spend the energy for trash talk as he is doing. I thought that gentlemen lived in England, but that’s not the case with Haye. I’m going to knock him out. I’m going to punish him all twelve rounds. I hope that he doesn’t fall too early.

If you feel he won’t last all twelve rounds, will you finish him early?

In the ring with this boy I will teach him good manners and how to conduct himself. What Haye does is a shame for boxing and sports.

You have studied the style of your opponent, what are his strengths?

We have a lot of information about David Haye. Together with my trainer Emanuel Steward we have thoroughly studied him. The strength of my opponent - is his mouth which in the ring I’ll make much less.

Where are you preparing for the fight?

In the Austrian mountains. I often prepare there for fights. There’s a good atmosphere, good air, everything that’s necessary for good preparation.

David Haye is not the official challenger for any of your titles. Why have you agreed to fight him?

After the constant provocations, he deserves to have his mouth shut. I’ll make a pizza and a chop of this person!


On the first day of sales of tickets, already thirty thousand tickets are sold.

I am very glad that in Germany I have a big army of fans, but I have been surprised by such strong ticket sales. I’m sure that with the rabid support of sixty thousand people I’ll gain a great victory and I can share the success with the fans. By the way, I’ve already attended a football match there with Schalke 04. The atmosphere is simply unbelievable! They presented me with a shirt with the number 20 as my fight takes place on June 20th and I’m an honorary team member.

Why didn’t the fight take place at the Stamford Bridge Stadium that is home to the Chelsea Football Club?

Ask Haye about it. He couldn’t come to an agreement with the Chelsea Football Club. I wanted to box in London. When it became known that the fight in England was unrealistic, my team decided to find one of the German stadiums. Our choice at once was Veltins Arena. This stadium can hold many fans and is a multi-functional venue. For me, it’s an honor to fight there. If there’s rain, in twenty minutes it’s possible to close the retractable roof.


Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts