Monday, April 6, 2009

Meehan Wants Valuev Fight

#1 ranked WBA contender Kali Meehan(35-3, 29 KOs) said recently that he believes he deserves a shot at Nicolai Valuev's(50-1, 34 KOs) title especially after hearing that Valuev is looking at a voluntary defense. Here's what Meehan had to say:

“Nikolay Valuev has to fight me now, if he wants to have one more voluntary defense. I’m ready to fight him on May 30th. I’m the WBA #1, so I should be the mandatory, but it doesn’t matter to me if I’m the mandatory or not as I’m confident of a victory. Not only a victory, but a KO victory! I will do to him what I did to DaVarryl Willamson. Valuev is scared to face me and so is his promoter Wilfried Sauerland. My promoter Don King is negotiating with the WBA, to give me this fight. I wish to give the boxing fans the fights they want to see. At the moment there is a lot of fat, lazy big men, tired after three rounds, and it’s killing our sport. Fight me Valuev, face me in the ring! I leave this in God’s hands.”

Source





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts