Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chagaev Not Scared Of Klitschko

Ahead of their heavyweight championship match on June 20th, WBA "champion in recess" Ruslan Chagaev has stated that he has no fear of Wladimir Klitschko. Chagaev is a late replacement for David Haye who was supposed to fight on the 20th but pulled out of the fight due to a training injury.

Chagaev Quotes


“I have no fear of Wladimir. “I’m also a world champion, not only him. I’ve always said I would box against anyone. The size difference doesn’t bother me. That’s Wladimir’s problem because I have already defeated a big boxer in Valuev.”

Michael Timm Quotes


*Chagaev's trainer

“The chances are fifty-fifty. Ruslan is WBA champion and Wladimir and has a few more belts. There is a lot on the line, but both have their chances. Above all I’m happy for Ruslan. After the theater in Helsinki, he now gets the fair chance that he deserves. We’re still in training. Next week we’ll go once again into sparring, and then we’ll refine and work on our tactics. Wladimir is good at moving in reverse, has a good jab. But Ruslan is a strong guy who can take a punch and then fire back. I’m glad that we can offer great event to the boxing fans. Valuev chickened out for the second time, but an experienced boxer must put this aside and adapt themselves. If one wants to, it can be done in a shorter time. Ruslan has already prepared for a big boxer. Now we must also get ready for a much quicker boxer.”

Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts