Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chambers Ready For Klitschko

After his great performance last Saturday night when he defeated the WBO #1 Alexander Povetkin by decision, "Fast" Eddie Chambers and his promoter believes he is ready to take on current WBO/IBF/IBO/Ring heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko as a mandatory.


Chambers On His Performance


“There were times, like in the twelfth round, I was in there and I had him going and he was trying to hold and survive. That says a lot about him and his ability to survive and the heart he showed to begin the fight honestly. I was hitting him with some hellacious shots, you know, people don’t think I can punch but I could tell you speed is power and I am a lot stronger than people think. There’s not a heavyweight in this division out there that I can really believe is strong enough to deal with me — and my speed, as well.”

“I was hitting him with some sharp shots that he really couldn’t see coming and they were really bugging him and he couldn’t get away from them, so that says a lot about his heart, not about my inactivity I would say.”

Chambers On The Decision


“I actually didn’t know what [the ring announcer] said, but I heard the crowd boo so I was hoping I didn’t lose on that guy’s card. I guess it was a draw and we didn’t understand, but that I was like ‘wow.’ When I heard the crowd boo I knew something was up. I was just so worried and even until the last scorecard was read and until they said my name I wasn’t completely satisfied or happy because I didn’t know what was going on, but once they raised my hand I was fine.”

Dan Goossen On Chambers vs Klitschko & His Future


*Chamber's Promoter

“Right now we’re going to see what happens next with Wladimir and we’ll probably parallel that. We certainly don’t want to keep Eddie out of action and just wait for Klitschko. So we’ll go there and take it one step at a time from that end."

“You know, one thing that I do want to mention is that which you touched on and something that Rob Murray said to Eddie afterwards and Eddie said it also, is that he could really step it up even further. That gets back to only being 60% of what you saw is what he is capable of doing. Just think if he really would have stepped on the pedal a little bit more, how devastating it would be. We expect that in every fight Eddie will improve even more so in his performances because Eddie found out first hand that offensively he’s a lot more dangerous when he is throwing punches rather than sitting back waiting.”

“To me, Eddie has certainly put himself right there at the top and Arreola certainly is right to say that he is the top American, but I like it when people are going to make choices of who is the best of the American heavyweights and it goes beyond that. I think they would both say forget being the best American heavyweight, they probably both feel they’re the best heavyweight in the world and there is nothing wrong with that"

“I’m just happy to be a part of both of them and assisting in their opportunity to realize their dreams, eventually fight one another and truly find out who the best young heavyweight in the world is — after they beat the Klitschkos!”

Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts