Thursday, July 23, 2009

Haye Backs Out Of Another Klitschko Fight!

It sounded to me like it was a done deal. In fact from many reports its sounded as though it were a done deal, but now David Haye will take on the WBA heavyweight champion Nicolai Valuev on Noverber 7th instead of facing Vitali Klitschko in September 12th! So this makes the 2nd fight in a row that David Haye was going to through with with a Klitschko but has backed out on. The 1st being his fight that was signed with Wladimir Klitschko back in June citing a back injury and now his brother Vitali Klitschko.

This is very unusual a 55,000 seat stadium had already been secured for the fight and much more. It's probably safe to say that the Klitschko's are not too happy with David Haye or doing business with him in the future! Come back for more up-to-date information on this event.

Haye Quotes


**On fighting Valuev

“I am thrilled to announce that my dream of becoming world heavyweight champion will be realized on November 7, when I challenge the tallest and heaviest champion of all time, Nikolai Valuev."

“Valuev’s known as ‘The Beast From The East’ and there’s a reason he’s got that nickname - he’s a big, ugly, sweaty and hairy man from the Eastern Bloc."

“Valuev is eight stone heavier than me and a foot taller than me. David only needed a slingshot and a stone to flatten Goliath, and I’m convinced my right hand generates more power than a stone.”

**On not fighting Vitali Klitschko

“There were reports in the German press that I had signed to fight Vitali Klitschko in September, but those reports were never true."

“There have been long and exhausting discussions about the clash, but unfortunately I could never put my name to the fight contract the Klitschkos offered. The level of disrespect they have shown me throughout has left me feeling insulted.

“As for signing the contract, now that I realise just how much support and interest I have from the people in Germany, it would have been like selling my soul to the devil. I will not be a slave fighter.”

**What he'll do if he beats Valuev

“Once I have snatched Valuev’s title, I will be happy to battle out heavyweight supremacy with the Klitschkos, but only on equal and fair terms."

“As the WBA heavyweight champion, I should be able to meet them without having to sign my life away. Beating Valuev and taking his WBA title is my best chance of securing unification.

“I only hope the Klitschkos still want to fight me after I have slayed ‘The Beast’.”

**Further quotes

“I can’t wait to step into the ring on November 7 and prove that size doesn’t matter. Mark my words: I will be the first man to knock Nikolai Valuev out.”

Sauerland Quotes


**On Valuev/Haye being signed

“It is a done deal. The contracts have been signed. The fight will fascinate boxing fans all over the world.” It is about time that someone teaches him a lesson. I am sure Niko will be more than happy to do that.”

**On Valuev vs Vitali Klitschko falling through

“I know that a lot of boxing fans really wanted to see Valuev fighting Vitali. We wanted to make this fight happen. It was our top priority and I had really good talks with Vitali. But all of a sudden I did not hear back – I could not get in touch with his management any more. We were under time pressure and at some point we had to look for a different opponent. We are happy to present an up-and-coming challenger such as David Haye. I am sure it will be an exciting fight.”

Valuev Quotes


**After hearing Haye's remarks...

“It is not the first time that my opponents have said things like that. Haye is a young man with a big mouth. Let him talk. It will be different in the ring. He will certainly not get my belt!”

Shelly Finkel Quotes


*Klitschko's advisor

"We had a letter from his lawyer yesterday, all the points were pretty much agreed to. There were some technical things to be worked out with Sky TV and the German network. Then we couldn't get them on the phone. If he thinks Valuev is an easier fight or a better deal, then that's his purgative - but be a man and don't just disappear and avoid everyone."


Source 1

Source 2


Source 3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts