Monday, August 3, 2009

Ibragimov Not Retired!

According to Sultan Ibragimov (22-1-1, 17 KOs) in a recent fightnews interview, he is not retired and has no plans to anytime soon and reports that he was were false. He also says he will no longer use Jeff Mayweather as a trainer.

Ibragimov lost his IBF belt in December 2008 when he fought the WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and lost a decision. He has not fought since so many including myself thought those reports were true. Here's what the former IBF heavyweight champion had to say:

Sultan by now many people have read the reports. Are you officially retiring?

“I am not leaving boxing, nor did I consider leaving. Claims from my promoters that I shall leave boxing are false. They have no right to speak such words about me retiring. I will make that decision instead of them.”

When will you return to the ring?

“I think within a year. Now I need to receive an American visa and solve the business in USA. Now there are ongoing litigations and I can’t fight. But I absolutely will remain in boxing and I don’t want to continue any further speculation on this subject.”

How are things going in court?

“For me it’s very good. Soon all to end.”

With whom will you work with in the future?

“I will not have a manager. I’ll manage myself. For many years I have been engaged in professional boxing. I know a lot and I won’t be confused. As to which promotional companies I’ll work with, all this will be learned soon.”

Where will you fight, Russia or the USA?

“It can be both in Russia and in the USA. I don’t know.”

You will continue to work with trainer Jeff Mayweather?

“No. About this I can say Jeff is a great trainer. He has given me a lot in professional boxing, and I have learned a lot. I am very grateful to him, but we should part.”

Who will be your new trainer?

“I can’t tell to you now, but it will be an American trainer.”

You haven’t fought for more than a year-and-a-half. What is your physical condition?

“It’s excellent. I play football with friends. My condition is very good.”

There are rumors that you have a child in the USA.

“It is a lie! Here I have nothing to say.”


Source





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts