Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kevin Johnson Diary Entry Day 2

Kevin Johnson is going to keep a diary entry online ahead of his showdown with the WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko on December 12th.

Here's what he had to say for Saturday, November 27th 2009...

“Started my day at 7:00 a.m. with a 6K run. I was surprised by the number fans who honked their horns or waved while I was running in downtown Douglasville, Georgia. This fight has made me recognizable everywhere. I ended up signing autographs in the parking lot of a local supermarket at 8:30 in the morning.

“As I do every Saturday that I am in Douglasville, I spoke at the Youth Against Violence program this morning and encouraged at-risk youth to change their circumstances by focusing on getting an education. A lot of the young boys in the group reminded me of myself when I was their age; they have a lot of potential, but lack focus and direction.“Talking to these kids is my passion. Just seeing them react to me and what I’m saying makes me feel like I’m making a difference. I’m thinking about starting a PAL Boxing program here in Douglasville after my fight with Vitali Klitschko.

“Got some great sparring in today, almost 14 rounds of great work by my sparring partners. I want to give a big shout out to Kevin Burnett. This kid gives me great work everyday. Looking forward to one more day of sparring tomorrow before leaving for Switzerland on Monday.”

Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts