Friday, November 27, 2009

Kevin Johnson Interview Ahead Of Klitschko Fight

Undefeated heavyweight contender Kevin "Kingpin" Johnson was recently interviewed on Blog Talk Radio and discussed his career and his upcoming fight with current WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. You can listen to the interview here and you can skip to the part with the Johnson interview by going to the 85:35 mark of the interview recording.



There's also an interview with Oleg Maskaev if you want to listen to that it's on there too.

Here's some of what was said in the interview with Johnson...

On training and preparations for his upcoming fight with Vitali Klitschko:
“Things couldn’t be any better. Perfect. Wonderful.”

On whether or not he feels he is ready for challenging Klitschko:
“Oh yeah, 100%.”

On fighting outside of the United States for the first time in his professional career:
“It’s making me work harder so I could go over there and clarify this win.”

On being able to get inside on someone as big as Vitali:
“Well that’s the thing about this fight. I don’t have to worry about getting inside for this fight right here, because I don’t have to go to him. I have the reach advantage. I can stand outside and box the hell out of him all day.”

On having a back-up plan in a fight:
“Plan B, C, D, E, F, and G—you’re always supposed to have fifteen backup plans just in case one don’t work, you need another and another and another.”

On implementing his game plan against Klitschko:
“There’s several things I can do to beat the guy. You can’t really say what you’re going to do until you step into the ring and hear that bell ring.”

On what he believes is the key to beating Vitali Klitschko on December 12:
“Not getting hit.”

On his lack of amateur experience:
“If you know me and you do your research on me, you would know I have the best amateur background that anyone else would dream to have.”

Regarding Manny Pacquiao’s impressive run:
“I love the guy, I love watching him. I know he’s always going to give me something. If I could meet the guy I would just like to ask him where does he sleep, in an oxygen chamber? The guy is energetic. I’ve never seen anybody as energetic as this guy.”







No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts