Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Klitschko vs Sosnowski In May!

Since the negotiations for the proposed fight between WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko and the former WBA champ Nicolai Valuev fell through, Vitali has now decided to go with fighting European heavyweight champion Albert Sosnowski (45-2-1, 27 KOs) most likely on May 29th at the Schalke Arena in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.

Whereas one of Valuev's promoters Don King turned down a large sum of $2.5 million dollars Sosnowski immediately agreed to fight for a $1 million purse and cancelled his fight with Audley Harrison, which was scheduled for April 9.

This should make a good substitution with a guy who is willing to face and fight Vitali unlike the last pretender Kevin Johnson. I would expect a TKO/KO victory here.

Vitali Klitschko Quotes


“I am very happy to have my next fight in Germany again. The arena in Gelsenkirchen and the fans there are very special. I experienced that last year when my brother Wladimir had his fight there in front of 61,000 spectators. The atmosphere was simply electrifying. I saw Sosnowski’s fights on DVD and must admit that he is a very experienced, quick and tough opponent. He will do anything to get my belt but I promise that this is not going to happen.”

The 31-year-old 6′2½” tall Albert “The Dragon” Sosnowski fought this last December and won the European Heavyweight Championship against former champion Paolo Vidoz from Italy. In 2008 he knocked out former world title challenger and Tyson conqueror Danny Williams , and has an outstanding fight record of 45 wins (27 KOs), two defeats and one draw. Sosnowski was scheduled to defend his European title against Olympic champion Audley Harrison in London on April, 9, but cancelled it for the chance to fight Vitali Klitschko instead.

Sosnowski Quotes


“A dream comes true. Because of the Harrison fight I am already in training and suddenly comes the once-in-a-lifetime chance to fight Klitschko. I want to thank him and his team to give me that opportunity which I will definitely take. For me, Klitschko is already over the hill. I know that I am the underdog for everybody, but I tell you, Klitschko will regret that he picked me. Many Polish and Germans with Polish roots live in the Gelsenkirchen area and I hope that they will support me. I will be the first Polish Heavyweight Champion of the World!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts