Friday, March 5, 2010

Povetkin Talks His Next Fight And Klitschko

#1 rated IBF mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin(18-0, 13 KOs) recently had a few words about his next opponent Javier Mora(22-3, 18 KOs) who he will face on March 13th in Berlin, and his future bout with current IBF, WBO, IBO, AND Ring heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. He says he will show when he fights Mora that he is ready to face Wladimir.

Povetkin On Mora


“Everything can happen in heavyweight boxing, so I really need to be on alert. I will of course be entering the fight as the favourite since I had a very good amateur career and I am currently the IBF’s number one. I will win this fight and show everybody that I am ready for Klitschko.”

Povetkin On His Training With Atlas


“The training was very hard and very good. I have learned a lot of things. Of course it will take a while until I can show them in the ring. So the fight against Mora will be another good test for me. I am looking forward to fighting in Berlin.”

Teddy Atlas On Povetkin


“I have been working on a lot of things with Alexander. We are trying to further develop his ring identity. He has always risen to the moment – that is why he was 17 and 0 when I got him. But there are still a lot of things where he could improve. We have been working very hard on that. I believe in his character and his talent. This will be another good test. He will definitely be ready once he faces Klitschko.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts