Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Klitschko Briggs Is On!

Its official. WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko  won 40 (KO 38) + lost 2 (KO 2) + drawn 0  will face former champion Shannon Briggs  won 51 (KO 45) + lost 5 (KO 2) + drawn 1  on October 16th at the O2 World Arena in, Hamburg, Germany. This will be the 1st time Vitali has fought in city he and his family moved to in 1996 and he is excited about fighting there again.


Vitali Klitschko Quotes

“I am really happy that I will have a fight in Hamburg again, the place where I started my professional career. The o2 World is a great arena and the fans in Hamburg are real box experts and will make a perfect atmosphere. Shannon Briggs is not only big at talking but also big in the ring and a very tough challenger. He is more experienced than me, has more professional fights on his record and is one of the hardest punchers in the division. I will be very well prepared together with my trainer Fritz Sdunek.”

Shannon Briggs Quotes

“For a long time I have been trying hard to fight a Klitschko. Most of their opponents are scared to death when they step into the ring. I will put Klitschko on pressure and take the fight to him. Klitschko can enjoy his belt for a few more weeks; after October 16 it will be mine!”

Bernd Bönte Quotes

** Managing Director of Klitschko Management Group (KMG)

“This is going to be a dramatic fight between two of the biggest punching heavyweights. We are glad that this fight will take place in Hamburg. Last time Vitali fought here the o2 World Hamburg did not even exist. It will be a great fight night in a fantastic arena.“

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts